Monday, September 06, 2004

Orientation

Today was the first official day of orientation... so, after a weekend of grueling training, including drills on things like doing a proper human knot and countless cheers ("Bananas unite!!", "I once knew a boy... his name was silly Willy", "What are we wearing? Pants Pants Pants! Science Pants HUH!" and my personal favourite... the penguin dance!) I thought I would be prepared for almost anything that could possibly come my way. Well, I had some fun experiences today. First, one of the new students got so nervous she threw up everywhere.. all over herself.. etc. And although I was really sympathetic with her OL (orientation leader) who kinda stood there and watched, saying "there, there... um....yeah... okay..." I felt much worse for the poor student. So, I helped her out, took her to where the bathroom was, helped her clean up, etc, and gave her my sweater to wear for the day. And... going above and beyond the call of duty, I kept hers for her because she had nowhere to put it. Hence, the wonderful smell in the separate compartment in my backpack. Better clean that tonight. Anyways, I thought that was a funny story to share with everyone... especially since I think every OL (all six hundred of them) had heard about this by the end of the day. What a way to start your first year at school... poor thing.
Anyways, the rest of the day went pretty good, I think tomorrow will be better. Today, though, I happened to lead my students into the wrong room in ETLC, having them sit down and get settled in their seats only to get up and move again.... not once, not twice, but THREE times. Wow. I think I deserve an award. Yes, my name is Jeanine and I will be your official Orientation Leader... because I really do know where I am....

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Maybe its a good thing that i didnt sign up for orientation, eve nthough it does sound fun.
-Ian

12:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home