Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Thems Wacked-out People

Ahhh! I just wrote a big long blog (hey, those three words look cool together.. kind of like a backwards alliteration with the g's) but when I hit "publish" it just didn't publish. Made me angry. Okay, well, I will rewrite part of my story, anyways. This is in reference to Ian's ETS blurb, and Doug's subsequent comment about the wonderful public transit people we all meet occasionally. Today I met a crazy man. I know everyone likes crazy people stories... so this is how it happened. I made a stop at Future Shop downtown after Orientation today, and hopped on the LRT to get back to the university... and I happened to sit on the seat next to a guy that looked completely normal, and possibly even good-looking. So, there I am, still decked out in all my OL garb, my blue lightbulb shirt with pins all over it, green tattoo on my face, nametag still on. Then this guy starts talking to himself... which wouldn't really bother me, because I am semi-crazy myself sometimes and will mumble things without realizing it. But then he gets louder and louder, then jumps up and runs to one door, then the other, then he sits down again. And then he shouts, "bloody hell!" and whispers to me…. "Are you a cop? They're all coming to get me." At which point, I realize that he's a little more then at the semi-point. So, I reply, "No, I'm just a student. Juuuuuust a student." And then he says, "At the university?? I'm not allowed there. Not allowed there for the next 37 years... just for opening a damned book." At this point, I nod wisely, because that's always a good thing to know. And he asks me… "Can you get me books?" But then, it's the final stop (and my stop), so I hop off and say "Nope! Sorry! Got to go!" and go up the escalator for a bit. But then I look back, and he's still on the train, staring at me. Which wouldn't be that creepy, except his eyes are really wide open and his face is totally expressionless (think horror movies). He turns and gets off, and then heads up the escalator, still staring at me, at which point I bolt and run. Not sure if he followed me, but I didn't look back to check. OoOoOoO. Still gives me the shivers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SICK,
Well at least your crazy man from the LRT doesn't come through your til all the time and ask if you remember him. All I can say is that, thank the dear Lord that I'm dating a man who takes down cray guys as his job and arrests them...man my boyfriend is so cool (except for his hair.
Megan

10:40 p.m.  
Blogger DougvanDutch said...

Alas I sadly dont have a boyfriend that offs crazy people. But I do think crazy people make the world go around. I mean who wouldnt want to be crazy? It would be pretty easy. Like homelessness...Uhoh I better stop, I got in trouble last time I wrote about that...
-Doug

12:19 p.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

So your a book dealer eh? Any chance you have sources with the CivE 265 books, ot maybe MatE 252? I hear those are pretty hot on the street.
-Ian

1:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home