Friday, October 22, 2004

Famous Person at my "Place of Work"

All right, it took some persuading, but I guess I have to post about this one. Tonight, I was doing security for a pandas hockey game, and it was a bigger event this time, because there was the unveiling of the panda's last season's championship banner. It was also the first west conference game here in Edmonton. So there was a bit of a ceremony, and then the game went on (it was against Saskatchewan). So what, you ask? who cares? Well, I guess one of the Saskatchewan players (I forgot her name..how horribly typical of me to only care about her famous older brother... )happened to be playing, and her famous older brother happened to be watching. And her famous older brother also happens to have the same jersey number (12) and he's the captain of the Calgary Flames, Jarome Iginla. All right, so I guess I had to share that. He was wearing a red baseball cap and I felt kinda bad for the poor guy because he was just there to watch his sister play but he was the one getting all the attention. And all the players on his sister's team flocked over to see him afterwards, provoking jealousy in most of the guys I worked with. Which makes sense, I mean, how does all that wonderful NHL money, a cool career, awesome skills, and a neat red baseball cap make him look good to girls? But all that's moot point, because he just had a baby this week (if you check out that link and scroll down the page, there's a short article on that) with his wife, Kara. When I heard that, I was thinking of going over to congratulate them, but I figured I should let the poor guy have his peace. Well, that's pretty much all I have to say. Except that I'm not really that happy about the NHL being on strike this year, I do enjoy the little I get to see and a winter without hockey and only a small amount of snowboarding makes me cry a little inside. Still, it means we get a better turnout at our games which is a good thing. And, on a final note, the pandas play the huskies again tomorrow at 7pm, so if anyone wants to see that, chances are he might be there again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home