Monday, October 04, 2004

DJ For a Day

All right, this is just a blog about my weekend job. This weekend I worked four hockey games at school. The tournament was between Saskatchewan, UBC, Calgary, Grant MacEwan, U of A and Lethbridge. Mostly I just did security, which is pretty easy, it's just watching after the crowds and paying attention to the game in case a puck flies out and hits someone in the head. Which I haven't witnessed yet, not even with all my careful watching. And Sunday I worked two soccer games, which would have been cool (they were awesome games) except it was freezing and my bronchitis didn't like that much. Anyways, it's pretty obvious that I have the coolest job there is out there. I watch live sports and get paid to do it. Well, getting to my story, on Saturday night the final hockey game was between Grant MacEwan and U of A. My "job"... get this... was to DJ the music for the game. Pretty sweet deal. Except the mix of songs to choose from was pretty unusual and all over the place.... there were quite a few songs with f-bombs that I tried to avoid, but I accidently ended up playing one (I didn't really know the song, but a bunch of my fellow workers sure did... I guess I cut it off right before the swearword got played). And I accidently played a country song called "She thinks she needs me"... I had no clue it was gonna be so bad!! Ahhh!! So embarrassing. Well, the final score for the game ended up being 3-1 for... Grant MacEwan!! Which is absolutely hilarious. The Bears might have been playing absolutely horribly, but that's still pretty funny that the #1 ranked team from last year's season and this year's preseason ended up loosing to the local college team. But Grant Mac's got a good team, so it could be worse. I didn't realize this, but apparently I played "Do you Believe in Miracles?" after U of A scored their first goal and I got razzed on that. On a final note, I have dropped my french course and my stress has decreased a thousand percent, my free time and general happiness has gone through the roof, the amount of free oxygen making it to my lungs is almost nill, and I'm feeling like I've had enough mustard for a lifetime's worth of hot dogs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Please dont mention roofs, it brings back bad memories from the summer, my tar burns and sliced fingers are acting up again just because you dropped french. ok maybe not, but roofing does suck, doug?
-Ian

11:57 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Oh, I see now. Roofs. Rooves. Roofi. Roovi.

10:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home