Thursday, September 23, 2004

Lirez-vous français?

All right, I guess it's time I let some of my friends know what I've been up to, since I haven't really let on in a while. I started swimming again; I'm being pretty lazy, only doing like 30 laps or so and then I hop out. The pool's always super crowded and there's just not enough "fast" lanes and the mediocre speed people like to be in them too, which only makes sense... except it's so hard to swim around them when the lanes are full and there's people that only seem to stand at the edge so you can't do a flip turn... arrrgh!! Why do people come if they don't swim? Kinda like the people that just sit in the chalet when you go to the ski hill. What's up with that? When I swim enough to get my shoulder back into shape, I think I'll play a bit of rec volleyball, that should be fun. Anyways, if reincarnation exists, I hope I come back as a fish. But what I really want to be doing right now is wakeboarding or snowboarding. Either would make me happy. What is it about sports that makes me happy inside? Ooo!! This is a kinda strange but interesting enough random story. In my psychology course, we touched on "athletic anorexia" where I guess people do sports to make them happy, and it replaces the satisfaction that comes from eating. This sounds weird, and something you would only expect from people like adolescent teenagers or gymnasts and dancers, except I guess they did this experiment with rats, to slowly get them to prefer running around to eating, until they could put food in the cage and the rats would just ignore it because they were so obsessed with running. Then they would put the rats in a small cage with food, so there wasn't enough room to exercise, so eventually the rats started eating again. So, yeah, I guess that was a bit interesting since I've had a bunch of friends with eating disorders that have needed help. Hmm... I think most of my friends know I'm in an international house this year, so I like to spend lots of time getting to know my roomates, they're pretty cool. I've got one from Thailand, one from Beijing, one from Japan, one from Germany, and one from Hong Kong. And they all speak different languages... so I decided to speak french. Which is currently killing me slowly. Je vais devenir une folle un jour bientôt, je pense. All right, that's enough of an update. Next blog will be on another completely random subject. Keep your ears peeled... comme un banane...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home