Friday, September 17, 2004

I like mustard, too!

Okay, this is a random blog about college food. Doug's comment about mustard got me going. Have you ever tried carrots and mustard? sounds strange, but I like it. I happen to live off of cereal. I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's a good thing I love cereal. But I also have a thing for peanut butter, but I don't buy bread because I don't care to make sandwiches, and I'm not a huge toast fan. So, last night, I was trying to figure out a good way to eat peanut butter with the limited amount of things in my kitchen... because as good as peanut butter is all by itself, you usually should have it with something else. So, I decided that because peanut butter is really good with chocolate and with milk, I decided to make some chocolate milk and add peanut butter. And then I realized that peanut butter is an oil.. and doesn't mix with aqueous things normally... so I heated it up. And voila! it was practically like a reese peanut butter cup in liquid form. And it was wonderful. All right... so what else do I eat at school?? I make stirfry sometimes for supper when I'm home.. which has been about twice in the past two weeks. I take vegetables and more cereal to school with me. Sometimes when I'm really tired I have a thing for eating jello for supper and then going to bed. I also drink lots of tea. Oh, and I make lots of salad and add stuff like tuna and egg... I like to nuke eggs and add dill weed, I swear, it's fantastic. But that's only when I'm home for supper or lunch, which isn't that often once again. And I have discovered that frozen yogurt tubes are marvellous things. You'd think I'd be a pro cook after working in a kitchen all summer, but that's completely up to interpretation. All right, I hope everyone gets a chance to comment on their own college food experiences.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Dill weed is a funny spice. Anyway my good college experienc happened a couple of days ago, i took rice, frozen veggies in a pan, with 2 hambergers on top. then i added a can of mushroom to it with some water, then through it in the oven for a while and it turned out pretty good, i was happy with it. well enjoy your college "food" ya'll,
-Ian

11:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home