Thursday, October 21, 2004

Xray Vision

Well, today I did something pretty cool. I squashed my finger a week ago, and it hurt pretty bad, but I figured it was just a sprain or something little. So I taped it up, went on my way. But it didn't seem to go away, and last night it woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep... so I decided to do something about it (haha, I've started to notice I won't go see a doctor until my sleep is affected... can see where my priorities are!!!) . I went to the clinic at school, and the doctor decided to send me to get xrays, across at the van vliet sports clinic. So I walked across the street and got xrays done!!! I just thought that was the coolest thing ever. I haven't had xrays done since I was really little and could barely remember. So, they wrapped me in a lead blanket (that kinda amused me) and the radiologist and doctor let me check out the xrays after, but they wouldn't let me keep them. I thought that would kinda be cool to keep, but I guess they need them on file for the next 5 years. So, what happened was that I fractured a little piece out of the middle bone in my finger, and I have to keep my entire hand immobilized now, except I'm allowed to move my other fingers a little. The tendons are pulling the piece away from the bone every time I move my hand, and it needs to stay in place so that it can stick back to the finger. So now I get my finger stuck in a splint thing for about 3 weeks, then I go back for xrays again in November. And now I have to go study for my midterm... haven't figured out how I'm gonna write that yet, but we'll see how it goes. Feel sorry for any TA that has to read my writing!!! So, that's my story. And for the record, fingers look really cool in xrays. Maybe I should go be a radiologist. Then I could keep all the xrays I want, except the ones that have to stay hidden in the patient's files.

2 Comments:

Blogger DougvanDutch said...

I have x-ray vision. no big deal.
-Doug

7:19 p.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

Then they x-rayed my foot, i didnt get a lead blanket, but i did get a stratigically placed hand towel sized lead blanket. (and by stratigically placed, i mean the same way foliage is stratigically placed on adam).
ya, my foot was broken,
Ian

9:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home