Saturday, October 01, 2005

So, after a pretty rough week (which I've amazingly done very little complaining about) I've had an absolutely amazing weekend. Orienation volunteer party was a blast; I love everyone so much. I won a star volunteer award, which was pretty cool. Apparently two or three people nominated me, so I was kind of expecting it, even though didn't really want one or anything. I just love doing what I'm doing for the fun of it. But it's beautiful and purple with stickers and such. And the dancing was a blast. It's been so long since I let loose and had so much fun. I kind of had these weird cramps, so that was a bummer, but I still got a bit of dancing in. I loved seeing all the people that mean so much to me here. Really, orientation volunteers are the greatest group I can ever think of.

As a final surprise, my TF Chad stopped me and talked to me for a good ten or fifteen minutes before I left. He said a lot of things, but mainly, he told me that I was one of the most phenomenal people he's ever met; that he's been a TF for several years now, but that on OL evaluations he wrote down that I was the best volunteer he has ever had, and that he highly, highly recommends me for a TF position or any other kind of position with Orientation staff. If anyone else had said something like that, I might have passed it off as just idle flattery, but Chad isn't like that, so I really appreciated everything he said. I haven't decided what I would like to do next year. I love Mugs, because it's all year, but at the same time, I think it might be exciting to step up and take a TF position. Or perhaps an Orientation staff position... but I think I might go for that not this coming year, but the year after. We'll wait and see.

Today, I had science fundamentals training. That was a lot of fun, I can't wait to go into the classrooms and get into doing the experiments. Later on tonight, I had a great conversation with a friend, with whom I haven't really been sure of where we stood for a long time. Now, I feel like I know exactly where we are, and I feel so comfortable and close in the friendship. It's such a rush, and an amazing relief to have someone who understands you and you can feel completely comfortable in your skin around them. It's been such a long while....

Anyways, I have to get up early for Safewalk training too now. Have a wonderful night.

Song: Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down*
Picture: ...then where I came from

*I highly recommend downloading this one/getting the CD. It's a fabulous song.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I absolutely love that song!!! I heard it once, and I've been hooked since. I would also recommend downloading it. Congratulations on being a star volunteer!!!! I'm just about to send you an e-mail, so I'll chat with you more later.

8:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home