Sunday, June 11, 2006

Adventure Sundays

This weekend, I went to a conference & Ian's wedding. Both were great.

But my favourite part is always Sunday. I am now calling Sunday "Adventure day." The only day that I seem to be able to do whatever I want and have it all to myself. I can sleep in, fiddle with my bike, go for a long ride or a long run, explore, have some ice cream or jello....

I like having things my own way.

I got lost today (....three times) on the north side of the river when I went for a run... and found a lot of interesting-looking paths that take you to interesting places. With lots of mud. Getting lost is something I highly recommend. By yourself is preferable, though. I remember when my dad would take me for a drive every once in a while when I was little and he'd get lost and I'd be terrified. I wonder now if he ever actually got lost, or if he just wanted to terrify me. The world is so much bigger when you're little....

Or maybe it's just as big now, but I've got the wheel and I'm too excited to be scared.

Song: Fall Out Boy - Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying
Picture: Never Gonna Die

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

That's funny... I always had fun getting lost with my Dad... I was never too scared :)

9:34 p.m.  
Blogger Jamie said...

Hey,
I love to get lost. The best is getting lost with friends! One time, I was driving out to Moberly lake with Nolan, and we got kind of lost. We bickered like an old couple. It was so fun...we weren't mad at each other. Then last weekend, I got lost with Nathan. A train had tipped across the Alaska by LP...so we had to take this crazy detour by Kilkerrian....at like midnight. Just taking random roads. There is something exciting about being lost. For a while anyway, then it just starts to get scary! Have a good day!

4:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home