Friday, November 19, 2004

Long Weekend

Wow, all right, time to just go over my crazy jam packed weekend.
Wednesday: Last class at 12pm. Went home, packed like mad, tried to make it out the door by 1:10 to catch a bus to the greyhound station. Just as I close the door to my house, bus leaves stop right in front of my house. Walk 20 some blocks with heavy bags and pillow to greyhound station. Very tired. Get on greyhound with 5 minutes to spare. Make it to Camrose by about 4 pm or so.
Haha, at this point I have to explain, I planned this stop in my weekend earlier in the week with my friend Beth, and we decided to keep it a secret from our other friend, Heather (aka Hez) so I could surprise her (Beth and Heather are both old friends from DC, btw). So I go find Tanis and Beth in their room in Augustana (roomates) and we take off to Heather's room and give her a good shock. An excellent start to an excellent visit!!
Then we have supper (ooooh, how I feel for poor dorm students that are forced to eat caf food every day, unless they have an adequate supply of miniwheats), and I learn how to play some non-alcoholic drinking games. Augustana is a dry campus, after all. So there's no way that trace amounts of ethanol managed to make it into everyone else's glasses... such a thing would never happen on a college campus, of all places. Then we go out to party it up at one of the clubs (Ori's).. and I'm not gonna say much there except yes, it was the most fun I've ever had at a club that I can remember. Kudos to the Camrose college boys for being a few notches above what I've found here at U of A, and good dancers to boot!....
We went western (check out the pics.. themes are commonplace, at least for my friends!!) so my theory is it might have had something to do with the magical cowboy hat. I think it has some special powers. Right, so we get in mebbe 3:30 am or so...
Next day I spend getting the grand tour of Camrose and Augustana, and then I go out with Hez and friends (yes, again!!!... till about 3:30 am... again!!!). Then I miss my 7 am bus heading for Calgary, so I leave at 2:30 pm instead, make it into Calgary at about 8:30 pm. Got lost in Calgary for a while (yes, I really can read a map!!) but eventually take two buses and two C-trains and many a long walk (once again, with heavy bags and pillow!!) and make it to my cousin's house (they were at a special ceremony at U of C). I then spend about half an hour trying to figure out how to close the garage door. Yes, that made me feel intelligent indeed. Make it into bed somewhere around midnight... around when my cousins make it home.
Next, we leave early the next morning for Medicine Hat, where I spend a fantastic 2 days hanging out with my cousins and aunt and uncle. Saw
The Polar Express in theatres, I can highly recommend it, especially to watch it in theatres because it's so incredibly realistic... there's the rollercoaster-like part that had me sucking in my breath and pulling my knees up. Also, I think that Tom Hanks plays several characters in the movie, I should check that out. Anyways, I head back to Calgary Sunday night, stay overnight and get up early to catch a bus back to Edmonton... except here's the fun part. I go to Red Arrow at 6 am for their 6:30 express departure, but it's booked up and the next bus won't leave until 8 am, and it's a really slow one. I want to make it to Edmonton before 11 am or even noon so I won't miss my class, and I know that greyhound has a 7 am departure that I can make. So I walk (once again, those damned heavy bags) mebbe 25 or so blocks to the greyhound station and make it there at about 6:35 am, only to be told that the 7 am departure was moved to 6:30 am, and the next departure is at 9am and arrives at 12:30 pm in Edmonton (This I find out right after buying my ticket). Right. So, that is me taking deep breaths. Anger management, Jeanine. Take it easy. In and out, in and out.
So I stay in the restaurant at the bus depot and do a bunch of homework, so it wasn't all for naught. Take the 9 am departure and watch
Swimfan which surprised me, it was actually really good. The second movie was A Cinderella Story (I've already seen it, yes, I guess I'm a bit of a dork but I love it). So I missed my class but was in a pretty good mood. Get off the bus in Edmonton and try to motor over to the bus stop to get home, but as soon as I reach the intersection across from the bus stop the bus goes by and I miss it. Somehow, the irony of this fails me. Okay, so that's my weekend story. Now I have wasted an hour of your time that you just realized, too late, you'll never have back. Too bad for you. My profile does warn everyone, however, that I am evil. You just chose not to listen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Gonna comment on on the polar express thing. yes tom hanks does play several different role, i heard that somewhere, and also why does it look so realistic? motion capturing. then (wo)man in the blakc suit with white balls on him, yep thats it. just like smeagle in LOTR and i think sports players in sports video games . well thats all the Ian ya'll get right now,
Ian

2:48 p.m.  
Blogger DougvanDutch said...

Motion capture couldnt capture my awesomeness.
-Doug

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

They could if they put you in a cartoon, I think. Like Recess. I think you'd make a good character in Recess, with Spinelli. Man, I miss the days of cartoons.

5:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home