Thursday, November 18, 2004

Random

Okay, I need to post something, anything!! to get out of this long dry spell. The Dawson Creek post was just a diversion. Right, so some random thoughts and stories:

-Yesterday my front tire on my bicycle was slashed while I was volunteering at an elementary school downtown. Had to fix that. I was unhappy.

-This weekend I had the most fun I've had going out with friends that I can ever remember. I was happy. Will post happy picture.

-I tried some Greek food at OPA! in West Ed before I left for the weekend. My old favourite restaurant in Edmonton, the Symposium on Whyte, closed this year, leaving me sadly greek foodless. OPA! is almost as good (Thanks goes out to Ian for spreading the word). Now I am happy. Late newsbreak: should be a new OPA! on Whyte Ave near Gateway Blvd. Now I am even more happy.

-Last night, I complained to Nisha that liking boys makes no sense, and is a waste of valuable time and energy. I then asked her why she wastes time on liking boys, since it is obvious we share the same dilemma. Her explanation was that opposites attract. Girls are normal, and boys are weird, so therefore, we like weird people. I found such a simple explanation to such a difficult question quite amusing. Well, that was a boring story but it really was funny at the time. Had to be there. I was pretty happy.

-On Tuesday night I stayed up late catching up on some assignments I should have done before my awesome weekend. Got about 4 hours sleep. Went to school Wednesday. Learned I completed wrong assignment. Stayed up late Wednesday night attempting to complete real assignment. Got about 4 hours sleep. Woke up early this morning, did some more volunteer work close to school before class... but I forgot my bike lock at home. Had to ride home to get bike lock. Ten minutes late for class and really tired. I was unhappy.

-While staying late today working on yet MORE assignments, a cleaning lady came into the computer lab, and when I asked her if it was okay if I stayed, she replied in French "It's okay, just make sure to make sure you throw your leftover papers in the garbage. " And I understood her perfectly, and was able to reply back. She didn't know much English, but she was surprised I knew French and we ended up talking for a good fifteen minutes in French. That made me really proud of myself, especially when I honestly thought I had lost everything I learned this year. So I was happy.

P.S. I will post soon about my weekend adventure. Stay tuned!

P.P.S. Look closely at the site... I've made some minor adjustments!!! Feel free to oooo!! and ahhhh!! or even applaud...yes, I feel special that I am learning basic html.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree that liking boys is a waste of valuable time and energy. Most guys I know are so self-involved and arrogant. As the smarter sex, I see that its kind of odd for girls to be attracted to wierd guys. "But I guess its true what they say about love--its blind." Jamie

3:46 p.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Boys are weird- but good at the same time. I'm glad to see you are having fun with html. If you want to know more you should check this site out: http://www.htmlgoodies.com . It is a good place to start when trying to learn html. I should get back to my gene studying though...

10:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home