Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Things I Have Learned

Hey hey hey!

Going to follow someone else's template and go over some of the things I've learned the past three days. Got my xrays done on Monday, found out that the broken piece in my finger is most likely not gonna fuse to the bone after all.It just gets to float around in there all alone.... like Nemo without his dad, Bambi without his mother, or like Littlefoot and Petrie from the Land Before Time (okay, I think I should stop with the analogies while I'm ahead). So, the joint will most likely be swollen for at least the next six months and after maybe about a year, I can probably regain most of the mobility. Darnit. Lesson learned: Think hard about what you're getting yourself into before you fracture your joints. 'Specially if you're really fond of a particular joint... say... one typically used when writing... that would be a good joint to watch out for (NTL#1 = New Thing Learned #1). Yup. Next, I took a two-step class with my roomate yesterday, it was an absolute blast (I almost want to do it again, it was so much fun). So now I can finally two-step and do TWO spins (count them: one, two! Left and right!) with confidence and precision. (NTL#2). Or at least I will after I practice it a bit more. But it's lots of fun. Hopefully now I won’t crush so many poor toes. Oh, and on Monday I went to a movie premier, it was "Finding Neverland" and it was really good but really sad. And today I learned that hot chocolate works miracles with 6 year old girls (NTL #3). Then I went to West Ed with Nisha after and bought a shirt and a birthday present for my wonderful friend Megan. Had OPA! again, learned I have a slight addiction to greek salad (NTL #4). Also learned that bus drivers really all have their own individual preference for how you load your bike... I mean, there's only two racks, right? How hard can it be? but no, they all like it loaded differently (NTL #5). And now I'm going to bed. Because I tend to stay awake in class if I sleep before. And that's something I learned a long time ago but I guess it hasn't sunk in because I still haven't acted on that important knowledge. Final thought: I update quotes of the day and hero of the day daily (hence the name, eh?) So feel free to check them out and comment away if you like a particular one. Righto, well, nighto (<--Yes, after a while, most of my friends can tell when I'm starting to get tired, this is an important clue).

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Im not sure if you knew this but there is an OPA! on whyte. well accually like 20 feet off whyte but close enough. Its on the north side of whyte (yes true north not Ian north) facing west. i think it is about 104thish. I think right around the corner with Second Cup and Starbucks. but i dont remember seeing it before so it might be new but idunno. well enjoy cough*templatestealer*cough cough*visithttp://latenightreading.blogspot.com*cough. just buggin,
Ian

11:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home