Saturday, December 04, 2004

Mandarin Oranges

Have you ever had an insatiable craving?
Today I was craving mandarin oranges. Someone was peeling one while I was in ETLC today, and as soon as I smelled it, it just made me go... mmm... mandarin oranges. They just smell so good when they're being peeled. Random thought: I also like the smell of bubble gum when someone just starts to chew some.... mmm bubble gum. So today, after work, Safeway had a special on: if you buy one box of oranges, you get a second one free. I was already going to buy one box, so I said, what the hey? and rode home with my two boxes of oranges. I guess I was pretty hungry when I got home, I didn't get a chance to eat before work. So I ate two, and then I thought, gee, I am craving them so bad, and I really want more. I think what I'll do is just have some more until the craving goes away, and that way I'll knock it out and get sick of them, so the craving will go away. Nip it in the bud, if you will. Better to do it that way than to let the craving last for the next month, right? Not like I'm going to run out of oranges. Fourteen oranges later..... still craving oranges. So much for that theory. Yeah. So basically, the moral of this story is that you can keep on going long after you think you're finished. Wonder what kind of strange chemical imbalances I have in my system now. I have no clue what direction I'll take if I ever get pregnant some day. Maybe my cravings will go away and I will for once eat like a normal human being.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanine said...

Ugh.... I can't sleep and my stomach hurts. This really was a bad idea.

5:34 a.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

On further addition, FOURTEEN ORANGES?? what was I thinking?? okay, I'm just going to pretend this didn't happen. Suffice it to say, I didn't just nip it in the bud, I yanked it up, roots and all, and stomped it mercilessly with those high heels I see lots of girls wear that make me wonder if there is a special class I forgot to attend in high school on how to wear fashionable footwear.

5:40 a.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh jeanine,

I've done that before and it is not fun. And on that note... I am off to safeway to buy some Manderine oranges!!!

Oh and I e-mailed you all my info!

Talk to you later!

Lisa

11:25 a.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

Here is a link that should help you http://www.mandarinorangeaholicsanonymous.org
lol, get well soon,
Ian

11:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home