Friday, November 26, 2004

Funny Things I Have Observed Today

Well, as of right now, I am sitting at school procrastinating getting my lab report done. Halfway done the statistics of it all and going crazy... After a bazillion t-tests and a million Chi-square test just to see if my results are statistically significant (most of which are not), I am ready to post about the real world. Well, as real as it gets while going to college. Let's start with this morning. I wake up and decide to have a shower (well, decisions aren't really made immediately after waking up. Mostly it's closer to... want. warm. shower. And somehow your body moves itself so as to obey this urge. After the shower is when actual decision making processes are accomplished.) And no, this is not a post about my shower. That would be inappropriate for a child-safe site. But a certain part of this shower I found amusing (geez, this really does sound as if it's heading towards x-rated, but I swear it's not!!). And that's the part where I turn on the hot water and turn on the cold for the bath, but the water is too hot to actually pull the thing that makes the shower run yet. So, while my foot is underneath the water, testing the temperature, I turn the cold tap slightly to make the water less hot. But it doesn't work, so I turn it a bit more... Still not working.... A bit more.... A bit more....A bit more.... I do this about six or seven times, at which point I realize that my foot is burning and I've been turning the tap the wrong way. Yes, after just waking up, I should realize that I still qualify as comatose for the next ten minutes or so. Good to remember. Then I got ready, rode my bike to school, went to class, same old same old. After that I went to ETLC to work on the lab report that I am procrastinating from doing as we speak. In ETLC I run into my old friend Josh from D.C., and we're sitting down talking for a bit, and we start talking about how funny it is that last year there was hardly anybody from DC going to U of A (~3 people we knew) and this year there's closer to ten or fifteen. So we start listing off the people, when we hear a voice behind us saying "Hey, I'm from Dawson Creek too, and that last person was my brother!!" Slightly amusing but mostly boring interlude. For the record, it was Shalynne (sp?) Sevier and her brother is my good (but slightly dorky) friend Steve. And then Josh goes to his lab and I'm working on my lab report. Then Ian surprises me (in the middle of my "hard" concentration), and tells me he's going to go shave his head, so I have to go see that. By the way, his hair was a bright shade of pink at this point in time, which you can see on his website (leave a comment, then he will be happy for my directing traffic to his site, and not grumpy for me covering his potential future post!) . I also got to help shave it (yes, they actually let me hold an electrical razor, mind you, they would obviously not know about my mention of electric razor use in the "facial hair removing" post, but Ian did and he still let me use it on him) and that was quite a bit of fun. He didn't let us keep the little pink poof in front though. Too sad. He also raised $150 for cancer research, so hurrah! for him. And I also accidently stole the yellow "Livestrong" Bracelet he got out of it (which I'm sure he'll get back eventually). And here are more pictures of strange engineering students dying their hair pink for a good cause. Well, now I think I've done enough procrastination. I need to actually do some work now or else I'll ground myself this weekend and I wouldn't want that. Right. That sounded completely sane and normal. I think I'll stop here. And last but not least: Happy Birthday Megan!!! Hope You're Having a Blast!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Im glad to see that i am hero of the day, but about your comment that i "blatantly expose [my] website [http://latenightreading.blogspot.com] on [your] page" balogna. i dont remember ever advertising my website, http://latenightreading.blogspot.com, late-night-reading on you website. In fact i think you are jsut trying to discourage people from coming to my website, http://latenightreading.blogspot.com. Its not like i say, "I have a post coming sometime about having pink hair and/or a blad head". do i do that? no. I do http://latenightreading.blogspot.com proud and leave advertising to word of mouth. So all of you come and check out the lies of jeanine at http://latenightreading.blogspot.com.
Ian
http://latenightreading.blogspot.com

3:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home