Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I Like my Cowboy Hat.

Well, I think this yo-yo of my life is on a good upswing. My last midterm was yesterday, I think it went pretty good, but then again, the curve can bite back. So we'll have to see. I did a lot better on my anatomy midterms than I thought, I got the second highest lab mark and the fourth highest lecture mark. Whew, that's a relief! Thank goodness. Now all I have to do is slam dunk those finals and I can get my first A's. Yes, that is right. I have only ever gotten B's at U of A. Sometimes it switches up and I get the odd B- or B+. But they're pretty rare. This drives me nuts because I honestly do work really hard and I hate that my effort never seems to pay off as much as I really want it to.

As for right now, I'm home from school to do some laundry, I need to clean my Orientation shirt for soccer tonight. Erin is gone to Saskatchewan until Wednesday for a conference, so the house is all mine! I never thought I would like living by myself but I have to admit, it is really nice right now. There's something about being able to make grilled cheese for lunch in a cowboy hat and no shirt. It's a good feeling. And my grilled cheese rocks.

And last but not least, my running is definitely improving. I have about three routes I like to take for runs, so far, the farthest I've gone non stop is from the far side of Hawrelak Lake to Van Vliet (up the emily murphy way). Or, from my house to the Earl's near campus is my other personal best. I guess neither of these are really that far, but when I first started running in February the farthest I could go without a break was a little under 3 blocks. Wow... I find that pretty amusing now. It's just really cool to see how every single time I go, I tend to gain another block or so. Of course, I have my "bad" runs, but I personally think that just getting out there and doing it, whether I do well or not, makes it a good run. I wish I could do more swimming like in winter term, but my schedule conflicts with that so I can only really go on the weekends (which is when I work). Running is great because you can do it whenever you want, and it's harder physically than swimming, and has even better results.... unless you swim every day, that can get pretty challenging. I find I can't run every day, I need recovery periods so I only go about 4 or 5 times a week.

Anything else? Hmm... I got to video the team Canada vs. Holland game on Sunday night at work, that was really sweet. Especially when I got the hang of the in-crowd shots, and when the slow motion of the last plays I had shot showed up on the big screen. Maybe not such a big deal for some people but I had fun. Team Canada is pretty awesome, they've only been thrown together in the last month, but every single set they play, you can see just how much they're improving. They basically started out as clearly the less skilled team of the two, but by the end of the last game, it was clear they were equals, even though they lost 13-15 in the fifth set. That's awesome. And, my article is now published in the Gateway. I think I'll scan it and post it up here for all to see. That's all, folks!!

-Jeanine

Song: Live - Dolphins Cry
Picture: Reading your Mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home