Friday, May 13, 2005

It's A WuNdEr-FuL Life! (Oh, oh-oh-oh....)

Update!

Today I got my Australian citizenship in the mail. Meaning if I go to Australia, I have to carry an Australian passport, but if I go anywhere else, I can choose to carry either my Australian or Canadian passport, or both. I can also stay in Australia as long as I want, and I don't need any of those stupid visas and such. Yeah for dual citizenship!!!

Today I also got hired by David at the Saville Center, which is part of U of A (it's the place where foot field, the tennis courts, and the curling rinks are). I worked there in the concession a couple days before xmas last year. I needed a job for this spring to last me until I go to Kananaskis in June; my student loan maxed out for the year. Sick. So, who wants to hire me for less than six weeks? David does! And, according to him, he needs me desperately because they've got kids from different schools coming in to use the fields for school events, and using little ketchup packages as "bombs". Little does he know that I plan to co-conspire. I mean, teach those little rascals a lesson. Right. Also, he says "Enough of that concession crap. We're going to put your personality in the bar where it belongs. That way you can make some decent tips too." How bout that!!!

I keep feeling guilty because I haven't been studying that much yet this spring term. But then I realize, I have nothing really left to study. I've already covered it all. Ahhh, what a fantastic feeling. So then I go get some ice cream at Baskin Robbins.

My nutritional input has certainly gone wonky. So much for healthy Jeanine. My meals have consisted of cereal, chocolate milk, hot dogs, campinos, spaghetti, lots and lots of marshmallows, chips, more cereal, and then to stop myself from touching any more junk food I cook some brussel sprouts and stuff myself with those. The worst part is that I simply can't make myself feel guilty about this either. Something simply must be done.

I have an interview with the Gateway about my bike ride next week. I'm more nervous about the interview than I was about the ride!! Honestly, I have my priorities for nervousness screwed up royally.

I have now raised well over $500 for my bike ride. I was hoping to raise $1000, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make that, but I'm going to try really hard to get a few more sponsors, and I'm pretty sure I can do it. Also, I keep on getting these surprise pledges from the people I last expected it from. I love that about people. When they surprise you. I think if I start working in the bar right away at Saville, I might put all my tips for the first week into the pot. Then maybe people would tip me more, more money for the pot, etc. etc.

I start soccer next week, I'm on one of the Dis-Orientation teams. Friggin excited about that!!! Woot!!! Since my dance class ended, I feel a bit empty inside. Hopefully, this will help illeviate that emptiness. Can't wait to strap on those shinguards once again, and get myself into soccer fit. I have also decided that since my bike ride, I am officially "In Shape" until I say otherwise. I need to try and run and swim a bit more, though. Don't want to lose this newly obtained status.

I have also updated the cereal of the week!!! Ch-ch-ch-check it out!!! And make sure to read the quote of the moment, it's old still but it's a gooder. And, last but not least... dum dum dum... a new sidebar addition!!! Word of the "Day". From now on, I will be your word bird. I might even end up being cooler than Fred Penner. Sometimes it might be a word I just like to say. Might be a word that has a cool meaning. Might just be completely random. But whatever it is, it's sure to be a hoot!

And last but not least, I went over to Ian's last night and hung out with him and Todd and Corie. I like friends. I like hanging out with friends even better. That makes me feel even happier inside.


Today is a good day. Yesterday was pretty awesome too. I think tomorrow will be even better.
Sounds like a good place to end this blog.

Picture: What did I just eat??
Song: Apollo 440 - Can't Stop the Rock

4 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Lets see if i can remember averything i wanted to say. first, my word of the current time is "Tunabean". yes i did make it up. how you ask, well i was hungary and not used to making supper so i made some tuna for a sandwich, and then added my half can of beans from the fridge put some chees on it put it in the toster oven and called it a Tunabean sandwich. also, fred penner isnt that cool. i think the only coolish things about him were the word bird and the fact that he crawled through that log. also I know a lindsay penner so we used the fred jokes, but then there is accually a fred penner in my engineering classes. pretty cool. but the coolest name is Rico Petrucci. so cool. Also i dont think NesQuik counts as a cereal, unless you count anything you can put milk on cereal. i would be suprised if there are accually any cereal grains in nesquik.
Ian

8:37 a.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

I have no idea why your tunabean sandwhich sounds so appetizing right now. I think I'm probably just hungry and need to eat some cereal ASAP. And also, I think that this would be a good definition for cereal. My cereal for next week can be Ian.

9:49 a.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

I think that the change from Quik to NesQuik was a stupid one. im sure it had something to do with compright yada yada yada. like the Q on the rabbit was cool, but an N? what kind of rapper would wear a blinged out N?
Ian

3:24 a.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Nesquik.... I think it's cool. Then again, LEGO is always cool.

2:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home