Saturday, April 30, 2005

Weeee!!! In BC!!!!

To break the silence, of the finals post mortum, here is a late-breaking news story from the wild and wacky life of Jeanine. And to accompany this fine taste, I'll post a couple of picks, stolen from Anita's fabulous website, of our fantastic but freezing BBQ.

So, I've decided that the BBQ was a smashing success, because the subzero temperatures didn't scare us tough students away from the joys of beef cooked on a grill of questionable sanitary standards, getting marshmallows everywhere (Anita!!?!) and burning notes (to the unknown shock of our friend Preshani, the new ECOS president). All in all, I had the most fantastic time, with the most fantastic friends, and I hope that everyone else can say the same!

Hehe, I also like how I was the host but I think that the most effort I put in was really that map. Which I will post, along with the pictures. And all I really brought were hamburgers and some condiments, but I now have about 3 dozen hot dogs and 7 bags of chips stored at home from what people brought. I believe this calls for.... another BBQ!! Details to be announced in the coming months. Stay tuned.

And now I am at home in BC, which is always funny to adjust to at first. Just so different from Edmonton.... it's like I'm living in my alter ego's room. But, my parents spoil me, and complain that I don't come home enough. Which is all part of my master plan, because the more I come home, the less they remember how much of a pain I am. And the more they remember they miss me, and hence the spoiling. Mwa hahaha.... and I get to DRIVE!! I love to drive. Vroom vroom. Bikes are fantastic but the feeling of revving an engine, and accelerating, and shifting (especially into fifth... ahhhh).... yes, ecstasy. And it's great to have some long conversations with my parents, especially after the stress of finals. I always forget just how much they take out of me until after the stress is gone, and I have to start refilling the confidence-o-meter up from its sad, depleted state. And nobody can do that, no matter how hard they try, like my parents can. Something about that unconditional love. So, here's a big thanks out to my parents. They're the greatest.

And, last but not least, my Calgary bike ride... I'm trying not to think about it, because I know I'll be just fine once I actually start to do it... I love to bike, and I could do it all day (but just haven't ever had the time!!). Still, a long drive home to BC really helped spell out just how long 300 km is. Now I am freaking nervous. It's planned for this coming Friday. My brother is driving me up. I'm still taking pledges until the end of May, though, never fear. So, that's all I'm going to say, I can't think about it any more, it just makes my stomach knot up because I've never done anything like this. Okay, time for some ice cream now.

-Jeanine

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Hey,
I just thought I'd leave a comment to say that I have made the leap into the blogging world. my address is acceptnoonesdefinition.blogspot.comPretty exciting really. Don' expect to much, I'm not quite as gifted in the whole blogging thing. Later!

4:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home