Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sleepy... Why am I awake?

I feel the need to post something at this wee hour of the morning. I just got in about 5 minutes ago and am freezing. Suffice it to say, it's been a long night but a lot of fun. Today I was up at the crack of dawn (just before 6 am) after getting to bed late... to study for my lab exam, which was at 10 this morning. Went pretty good. Then I ran home to grab a change of clothes and made it back to the uni for a quick shower and somehow managed to make it to Meridian conference center for the athletics awards banquet. And so, here are some things I found out about the crazy people we call athletes at U of A:
- They're darned hot dressed up (or dressed down, whatever)
- There are some fantastic and fun Bears and Pandas (Some of 'em are so considerate, and so many are so much fun!)
- There are some insanely insecure Pandas (I ended up consolling two random girls in the bathroom sobbing because they felt insufficient... not what I'd expect from varsity athletes!)
-They drink a lot of alcohol
-They hire some darned good caterers because I haven't felt this full in a long long time. Oh, but the cheesecake was to die for.
- Being a good looking guy on a varsity team doesn't make you a catch. I was pretty appalled by some of them - one of 'em was much worse than any person I've ever had to deal with as a security guard. I was actually in shock. The funny thing there is that my pal Sean definitely predicted that, he actually pointed out this guy from a distance and said "Now why would any girl talk to him? Every single one here is out of his league. He's trash." I did not see it at all, I wish I had that sixth sense in my own love life. Blech.
- Did I mention the cheesecake?
- I have a yellow flower behind my ear from some random guy on the volleyball team who was kind of strange.
- Some other random guy on the volleyball team took a picture of me sleeping on the bus home.
- The nicest athletes I met I would actually rate as the most intimidating and scary while playing their sport.
- I'm really full and utterly exhausted and I have no idea what I am posting about or why, but I know I have a ten page final paper due at 9:30 Tuesday morning that I haven't started yet and have no idea where to start and a thousand things and commitments to do before then.... and I should care but right now I need some sleep. So tomorrow morning I can start to feel screwed but for now bed sounds great.

Song: Kelly Clarkson - Beautiful Disaster
Picture: What makes you so good?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

My roommates were at that last night. One of them didn't drink and the other one brought a flask of whiskey. Sounds like it was a pretty good time anyhow :)

9:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheesecake is one of the best substances on earth. If you're gonna be in Edmonton over the summer, you can come over to my place and we can try making an Oreo cheesecake!
Yum!
Yay for having that lab exam out of the way - good luck with the paper...
*sends you inspirational vibes*
:)
Have a good Sunday!
XOXOX
Muffin

10:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder why the good looking, arrogant, butt-headed guys get girls at all. I guess some girls are so blinded by their attraction. Anway, I would agree that whoever made cheesecake should be knighted. I serioulsy love cheescake so much!!!!! Aight, talk to you later!
-Jamie

3:34 p.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

just a question, could everything you said about the athletes be applied to engineers? im pretty sure some of them can.
Ian "on my own high" wilson

8:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home