Thursday, March 17, 2005

It's gonna be a long trip home....

So, just for all those who didn't receive my mass email, or the grand news, here it is all over again. Just thought I'd make it as official as possible now that I'm in up to my neck! This was sent out yesterday at 3:51 am, which is my excuse if it appears to be a little out of orbit.

Hey there!

Yup, it’s me again, crowding everyone’s inbox with more fun quirkiness from the life of Jeanine. So what am I going to bother you with now, with, you might ask? Don’t worry, it’s nothing too much. I’m not asking for your soul, your first born, or even for your rhythm (gasp!). Some of you may have already heard from me, and know what I want! You lucky ducks!
Okay, what I am asking for, is your support (and possibly) your donations, because I am raising $ for cancer, by biking from Calgary to Edmonton at the beginning of April. Yes, this might sound a wee bit crazy, but that’s what I do best! Anyways, if you decide you’d like to help out and give some moolah for this cause, even if it’s only a few dollars, twenty five cents... some peanut butter cups... (hey, I need my energy), please just hit reply and say so! I’ll even bike to your house if need be! I should be training anyways... St. Albert, Sherwood Park... bring it on.
If you donate $15 or more and give me your address (yes, this means you run the risk of me stalking you, but don’t worry, I’ll try to restrain myself), the Alberta Cancer Foundation will send you a tax-deductible receipt. Regardless, I’d love to hear from any of you, because your support means everything, whether or not you decide to help out. Also, if you decide you don ’t wish to donate, that is perfectly okay! :)

Thanks!
-Jeanine

P.S. If you’ve already given, thanks so much for your help! Your reward is my lifelong friendship. If you decide you want to take it back now, too bad for you, that is not an option currently available. Try checking back later.

So, some current comments so far from friends:

Jeanine, you’ve officially reached insanity… I knew this school would break you, but so soon? You're nuts, completely and utterly nuts. You've gone crazy. - Megan

You should actually shave your head while biking to Edmonton. And instead of calling it "Jeanine's Charity Bike Ride" you should have called it "I researched that Edmonton is 500 metres in elevation below Calgary and that is why I am riding my bike this way and not the other way around Charity Bike Ride". -Ian

Hey Jeanine! I had no idea you were doing this, and I think it is incredible. -Dee
(Wow, finally a friend who loves me!)

That's a very ambitious bike ride you have planned out. Good for you. I'm game for supporting you. -Danielle
(If I had a dollar for every person that said... "That's very..... ambitious.... of you...." I wouldn't have to be asking for donations. lol. But thankee, Danielle!)

Well, that's just a small taste so far, but I'm really quite excited about the trip. Maybe not so much right now when it's freezing and snowing outside, I have a head cold, a concussion, a lack of sleep, and an early class tomorrow morning (If you're not sure what kind of combination this makes, think really hard and then imagine what it feels like to sneeze four times in a row with a concussion) but I'm not complaining. No, I swear. I would never do such a thing.
Anyways, I'm assuming that in three weeks time, when I actually do this, things will be relatively back to normal and hopefully I'll have raised my goal amount (at least $1000). And then after I get back to Edmonton, I am officially going to have chocolate ice cream (remember, I have given up ice cream for lent... but I'm going to extend this until after my bike trip). And when I say chocolate ice cream, I mean, Safeway had better be prepared. That is all. Oh, except, if you want to help out and donate, please please please let me know, either by leaving a comment :) or emailing me at Je_Neeners@hotmail.com.

Song: Pilate - Overrated
Picture: Rain pounding on your door (Don't I wish)



3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Jeanine, I just want to say that you are awesome and I am so glad that you happened to be in Sarah's orientation group and that I met you :) I'm just leaving a comment because I know how much fun it is to come to one's own site and see that someone has left a message :)

12:51 a.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa!

You have no idea how many times I've thought to myself, wow, if Sarah hadn't been in my physio class, or if I hadn't been part of her OL team, I would never have met you! And that is such a scary thought to me. And I am so glad I have, no matter how grumpy I am or how much I really don't feel like physiology (remember back when we did the nervous system? Agh!) I come into class and see you and the world is happy again. So, thanks for being such a great friend! See you next tuesday, my green friend :)

3:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm really shocked, that's totally awesome of you to do such a thing. I'm gonna pitch in a bit to help you out! As a poor student, it won't be very much... but! To supplement it, I will raid my parents' basement for instant noodles too.
*hugs*
-Anita

4:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home