Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Um my day.

Yes, so I haven't posted in an age, so I thought I'd just write something. Because not like I haven't been doing anything interesting, as I really have (I swear) but either I've been way too busy or it hasn't been appropriate to write about.... mwa haha. Anyhoo, I'll just go over a quick recap of my day and day to come:
This morning. Woke up at 8 am. Bad country music playing. Hit sleep until 8:50 am. Rolled out of bed, hit floor. Half crawled to computer chair. Turned on computer. Half walked/stumbled to bathroom, then went back into bedroom and got dressed. Checked email and weather forecast, then gathered up school stuff and went downstairs. Realized going to be late for class, put cheerios in a container and milk in a milk 2 go bottle. Throw lunch and water bottle in bag, put on coat and helmet<-- most important part of day and start my ride to school... 9:20 am. Stoplights not in my favour so end up in class 5 minutes late, but it's prof evaluations so not a big deal. Don't really pay much attention in class, but have a great breakfast of cheerios and a yogurt tube. Get out of theology (big sigh of relief) go to physiology (11 am) Ask new cardiovascular prof who is capable of speaking at incredible fast rate without stopping for breath once in a an hour and half lecture if she might be capable of taking a break. She agrees. (Small victory! woot)
Next, go to ETLC and study for Saturday's lab exam. Eat broccoli and apple and chocolate milk (mmm). Lab: 2pm - 5pm. Agree with Geri that genetics 207 labs are a waste of time and not worthy of the dastardly name of "lab" that brings most science students shudders, nightmares, and many an all nighter. After completing gel filling (my gels kicked butt, I am a pro with a micropipettor, what can I say?) Geri and I also agreed that ice cream drumsticks are amazing. At which point we got up, walked to Mac's from Bio sci and purchased ourselves some ice cream drumsticks and came back roughly half and hour later to our lab without anyone realizing we had left. Awesome.
Next, bike to blood clinic and donate some of my fantastic healthy blood. My pulse was 49 when average is 80... Means I have... brachycardia? Yup, learned that in physio. Not a problem... but the nurse asked if I was a marathon runner or something, kuz she rarely sees anything below 60. I took it as a compliment. Then I ate some free Beef barley soup and a cookie by George (which is my real motivation to donate) and went to school to do some more studying. And then I checked my email and learned that my wonderful friend from work, Lisa, who is also part of the tri club and one of my mentors for running, needs me to play ball hockey tonight, which I of course cannot pass up. When people need me, I must respond and rise to the challenge. Well, sometimes. Anyways, that was my day... minus the studying that I'll be doing til who knows how late tonight. And then tomorrow I'll be doing junior high orientation, so that means I get to be up at 6am tomorrow! Joy and happiness! I sicken myself.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

just so you know, you dont really have to say bad coutry music, just saying country music implies that it is bad. Its like saying evil villian. or cold icecream. or uh, wet rain water? anyway i think you get the point.
Ian

12:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you first said ice-cream drumsticks, I pictured a chicken drumstick (but with a mound of ice cream in the shape of the chicken....)...
But then I remembered... DRUMSTICKS! Yes. The cone is my favorite, especially the little glob of caramel at the bottom. *licks lips*

Good luck on your lab final, and good luck on your upcoming BioPsych midterm. Isn't it amusing telling people that you have a midterm on the last day of classes?

Anyways. Hope you enjoy the weather tommorow, talk to you soon!

-Muffin
(http://www.livejournal.com/users/anita_muffin)

4:11 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Ian! There is such a thing as good country music. For example, Martina McBride, Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill, Emerson Drive, Garth Brooks, Rascall Flatts, Lonestar... go check any of the above. However, I will admit that most of the country out there just sucks. And makes me want to gag. But the good stuff makes the crud worth the suffering through. It's all about balance though... I've actually got that Powerman Drop the Bombshell song on my mp3 player right now, I hadn't heard it in a long time but it's got a good beat for running. Get up get up get up!!!
Anita! Thanks for the luck, hopefully I won't need it but a week from now is a lot faster than I think it is. Mmm chicken ice cream. Actually ew. Oh, and I read your blog almost every day ;) I'm a regular now! I took the personality disorder and I think I was medium for a couple of things but high for the attention-seeking disorder. I'm definitely a spotlight lover. Not quite at the presenter level yet (I get really nervous in front of lots of people!) but the awesomeness of my night of being Guba speaks for itself.

11:23 p.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

So theology on tuesdays eh? sounds like fun. ill bet you could put it on your "Things I like site (3rd down). I was just wondering, is that class just as fun now as it originally was?
Ian
PS GUUUUUUBA

12:26 a.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

lol... you suck. All right, everything is now officially updated. Why are you such a darned smart a**? And, dagnabit, why are you so darned good at it?

11:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home