Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Why?

Why would anyone ever write a paper optionally? I have trouble writing papers that are completely unoptional and necessary to keep me from failing a course. That could be why my paper was due at 9:30 this morning, yet I still have another 2-3 pages to finish up. Thank goodness it's just sticking my arguments together and I've got all the quotes and evidence typed up.... well, except my counter arguments, but meh, not really worried. I lose something like 3% for every day it's late, so getting it in tomorrow morning doesn't bother me too much. Still, I wonder... I've had to read through about 10 different papers to get my arguments together, and every single one I've read, it's seemed like they actually enjoyed writing them. Sick.

On a side note, I've made some minor updates to my sidebar. I also updated my "things I do and don't like" thanks to some wisecrack a certain someone made about how Theology, once having a coveted spot on my "like" list had become a biweekly torment. Well, I've been up since 5 am this morning, but managed a short ten minute nap here in ETLC where I am working on my essay. I brought my teddy to sleep on (now THAT'S good thinking in advance). A word of caution if you ever come across my bear, he is essentially a pillow without a pillowcase and therefore most likely has a certain preserved amount of drool (aka, spittle) in his fur. Cuddle with at your own risk.

I finished registering for spring classes, so I'll be hanging out in Edmonton until June 16th or 17th, and then the next day it appears I'll be going down to Kananaskis once again, like last year. JC called, asked me to come back, and offered me a pretty raise to make me a happy camper. So I won't be a counsellor after all, but I wouldn't be able to make the training anyways because I'll be in spring session. And I'll probably make about two to three times more working in the kitchen anyways, and get to do all the fun stuff (aka, mountain climbing, rafting, trail riding, hiking, camping, fishing, wakeboarding <-- SWEET!! As a bonus. Not to mention the fantastic trails to run/bike on... if I bring me bike down with me). So, spring session. I have to make a 3.0 - 3.5 at least to get into kinese next fall, and spring term classes increase my chances of getting this (my fall term marks weren't so hot. Painfully so... remember my cell bio rant? and the poor porch deck that was subject to my angry shoe?) Yup, so I'm applying for a spring extension on my student loan. More debt. Woot :P Now, my next couple of weeks are going to be rather intense, to say the least. Getting those A's and B+'s could be a bit of a challenge in some of my classes... namely genetics (blech!) and theology (ewww). Physiology should be okay... but the sheer amount of material will most likely make me *insert horrible fate here* before the final comes along. And psych classes = not a problem :)

And finally, I also just ate breakfast/lunch (some albino chocolate chip cookies from a friend. They were fantastic.). I haven't quite felt normal yet today and just didn't want anything to eat in the last 9 hours I've already been up for. My theory is this was due to the copious amount of gingersnap cookies that I consumed last night. I was craving them for the last couple of weeks. I'm not going to elaborate on how many I might have eaten, but rest assured, if I'm not telling you probably don't want to know. Maybe I should consider a new monthly tally having to do with strange assortment of cravings I get during a month. I wonder if there's a cycle? However, I don't remember ever having such cravings as sweet pickles and gingersnaps, at least that I can think of. Is this some sort of sign? Am I nutritionally imbalanced? I used to eat lots of bar soap when I was little.

Oops! *Add in* Happy Birthday Anita!! You are now 20! If it makes you feel any better, you don't have to be mature right away or anything. That can at least wait for 21. Heck, for most people I know, could last right up till at least your 40's. Ugh.. did I just mention 40's? that's frightening. *shudder*. See how good things are? Only 20. Life is fantastic still. Not that there's anything wrong with being 40, I guess. *shudder*.

Picture: Now now now

Song: The Little Mermaid - Les Poissons

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, bar soap. I bet you had little soap bubbles coming out of your mouth when you burped! (Sort of like in Archie comics).
Good luck on your finals, and don't worry: You're not alone whilst taking spring classes! We can be geeks together! :)
Anyways, today should be a national holiday - Anita Day - because it's my birthday! ^_^
20 sounds so old...
XOXOX
Muffin

5:37 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Ooo! Then we wouldn't have had class today and my paper wouldn't have been late!

Anita, you are a supergenius!

6:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, ur stickin around?! We TOTALLY have to get together this summer! Rollerblading to greek restaurants anyone? ;)
Happy studies,
Talk to you soon!
Jennie

1:37 p.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

JC called you? ive heard of people hearing from God, but never by telephone. ha ha. anyway. what i whit da picture. i think it is a good thing i didnt post alot (or at all) during my days of awakedness.
Ian

7:43 a.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

What I whit da picture? Sorry, Jeanine does not understand rapper speak. I am confused.
Also, you have yet to respond about the bbq. I expect response!!! And also, forward the invite and map on to mike if you can, I don't have his email address.

5:41 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

P.S. Thank you Ian. You are a good friend... well, sometimes ;)

5:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home