Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I'm hip.

Hmm.....

As some people might know, my hips have a tendency to hurt a bunch after I go running. I thought this was just me until my mum told me that I had congenital hip dysplasia when I was a baby. I think I was treated just fine, there weren't any side effects or anything that I noticed up till now... but then I did some research and found out I likely also have "ligamentous laxity," predispoding me to dislocated joints and such, which would explain an awful lot. Here I thought my joints were just popping out, spraining, giving out on me and being all painful and such all my life because I was clumsy or that it was just me, once again. Well, the clumsiness might play a tad bit of a big roll there. So that sucks but at least I know it's not "just me" and I now know how other people are able to do contact sports and stuff without cross training. Kuz I know I always need to swim and bike to strengthen my joints if I plan on doing anything that might stress them (ie; running, volleyball, soccer, etc.) and couldn't figure out how other people got away without doing all that. Well, that's just my interesting discovering for today.
(Below: How to dance like an uncoordinated white person.)

Also, I played soccer tonight, sadly we lost (2-1) but it was our first game and first time meeting each other, while the other team had already played together. And some people on our team were a bit more hardcore than others. Okay, I'm a bit more hardcore than others. But I like to WIN!!! I hope some of my hardcore-ness rubs off on my team. Why do anything if you're not gonna go all the way? But afterwards we went to Windsor's and had a fantastic time. AHHH social interaction feels so good.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore how you're so active. I'm trying to become more active... jogging daily for 4 months, now I'm adding nightly bike rides and sit ups and yeah! Maybe in the fall we can join a U of A fitness class together... or even just meet at the pool in our spares for some swimming!
Hopefully your hip feels better ASAP. My knees sometimes ache after jogging and I wonder how other peoples' knees can survive such pounding... so I guess what I'm saying is... if you ever need a hip transplant, I'll donate a hip... if I can have one of your knees. *giggles*
I'll shut up now
:)
Have a wonderful day, and seeya tommorow!!!
-muffin

3:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly I didn't read your blog until I finished my comment..I was distracted by beautiful Ice Cream...I play soccer on Tuesday and we lose pretty badly but it's fun cuz I get to yell a lot...but my captain wants me to shut up...actually everyone does...anyway...What team are you guys...we are the Islanders...We have lost all our games so far...we will probably play you guys soon!

4:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh...Soccer, Great Sport. I'll add a knee to pot if someone anties up an ankle. Is that with campus rec? Do you ever need extra players? I make a ferious goalee but i can play pretty much anything. :)

huh, this is my first posting on live journal. Anyhow, enjoy your classes!

-Josh

8:03 p.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

I like the picture. stealing bandwidth jeanine (shakes head). no im just bugging you.
Ian

7:43 a.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

I love being active too!!! (well, that's stating the obvious). I was so sore on Wednesday that I forced myself to take a day of rest. No running, swimming, soccer, long bike rides. Just study and relax. It was so hard.
Hmmm, I want to know who this person on the Islanders is! I will look out for them, we're not playing them this month but hopefully in June! Haha, I've got an ankle you can use josh. Sorry, Anita, my knees might be better than my hips but they're not that great. I would go for... my elbow. I have good elbows.
And the bandwidth stealing... honestly, I think the internet is a world of sharing and caring. Who does that???? Pshaw.

12:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home