Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Week of vacation?

Holy leaping leopards!

I've been busy, but right now I have a break, and instead of finally getting around to my unpacking, I am blogging. Procrastinating already. The new year is off to a great start.

So, I've had a fun filled week of MugL training, giving practice tours to my new roomates, dealing with my suddenly difficult landlords (I have no idea what their problem is, but I hope to heck they get over it soon, because they're driving me nuts), meeting my kinese advisor, getting in touch with friends, escaping killer wasps (at least, they could have been killer. they had the killer look about them), and stocking up my food cupboards before the school year starts.

Yesterday, I had my A-team interview. I think it went pretty well, hopefully I won't have to resort to working for the B or C team. It was a pretty casual interview, but I still get nervous during interviews, and I was glad when it was over. I hate how afterwards, I always go over every little thing in my head and think of something I missed, something I could have said better, etc. I remember one of the questions was, what kind of people do I find it difficult to work with, and I think I should have said "overly aggressive people." I really think, when it comes down to it, that those are the only kind of people that affect my work performance negatively. In other words, my supervisor from last year. I think that's my #1 reason I don't want to do event staff this year. Attilla the Hun. The secondary school teacher from hell. I thanked the heavens every day that I worked with her, that I never had her in eight grade. I wonder if the suicide rates go up in her grade? Okay, that wasn't that funny, but she has got to be on some sort of strange drug. She probably has higher levels of testosterone than most men I know.

Anyways, I have to stop the procrastination and get something done! Ciao for now.

Picture: Are you special?
Song: Fm Static - Crazy Mary

P.S. I forgot to mention, I got the awesomest birthday gifts ever yesterday from my good friend, Ian... this insane magnetic girl that you put together and has funky hair, and a stuffed bed bug. For anyone that gets the second present, I'm sure you'd find it as amusing as I did. That's all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home