Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Musical Baton

So, Nina has now passed me her musical baton. Here it goes:

Total volume of music files on my computer: Around 1200 downloaded songs. Yes, like Nina, I am a music addict, and I believe in variety... so I can always find something to play that suits my mood... or changes it. Music is such a huge part of my life, my biggest concern for when I go to Kananaskis, is that I have to leave my computer (and hence, my music), behind. Meaning I can't change the songs on my mp3 player. It's a scary thought. What will I run to, then?

Last CD I bought was: So long ago. The Lord of the Rings soundtrack for the two towers.

Song playing right now: Falling by Ben Kweller

Five songs that I listen to a lot or mean a lot to me:
1.Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody. The first and only song that's made me cry all by itself. I honestly have no clue what it is about this song that makes it so amazing. I couldn't pinpoint it to a single thing, it just is.

2.Rascall Flatts - Bless the Broken Road. When I talk about good country, this is it. No matter how much I hear this song, I just love it. I think that's what makes a good song. The ones that last.

3. Rockapella - Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. Maybe not a deep song, but it has such an awesome rhythm; you can't help but feel energized by it. I've loved it for a couple of years now and it's still a favourite, therefore, it gets a spot. It was one of the ones on my bike trip that kept me moving.

4. Apollo 440 - Can't Stop the Rock. Another song that belongs in the same category as the Rockapellas. Such an awesome beat... my favourite song on my bike ride.

5. The Killers - Mr. Brightside. The lyrics and beat are so creative and great. I'm sure everyone has felt this way at some point. I think I like all the songs by the Killers. They're all unique and creative in their own way... I can't compare them to any other band just because they're so original.

Other songs I feel are fantastic and must be shared:

Maroon 5 - She will be loved, Weezer - Island in the Sun, Stereophonics - A Thousand Trees, Pilate - Missed You Long Enough, Audioslave - Like a stone, Default - All she wrote, Eve 6 - Inside Out, Concrete Blonde - Joey, Wallflowers - Three Marlenas, Moulin Rouge Soundtrack - Your Song, Mandy Moore - Have a Little Faith, REM - At Your Most Beautiful, Googoo dolls - Here is Gone, Emerson Drive (Everything!), Edwin McCain - Could not ask for more/I'll Be, Usher - Yeah, DJ Otzi - Hey Baby (Uh Ah), DJ Sammy - Heaven, Coldplay - The Scientist, Stacie Orrico/Switchfoot (Everything!!), Three Doors Down - Here Without You

Holy. I like my music.

5 People I pass the baton onto:

Anita

Jamie
Lisa
Beth
Megan

Enjoy!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Well, I just did the same thing on my blog. Its too late...you can't take the baton away! If you take away my baton, I won't e-mail you! Haha. Let's see how long you can go without that!

6:24 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

NOOOOOO must have emails. So, I took off Ian instead, you batoned him. Yay, now I can download more songs that other people like!!
P.S. Jamie, I like your taste!!

6:39 p.m.  
Blogger Jamie said...

I just went to my site, and I noticed that some of the words weren't there. What happened is after I wrote somthing in blue, I changed the color of the font to black..which is the color of my background...hence the fact that you can't see them. I fixed it though. G

8:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*twirls the baton and feels special*

-Muffin

(will do ASAP!)

3:06 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

I'm rather frightened now.

8:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I finally blogged! I shall come back and do the baton thing.... at least I will try!

8:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home