Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Post-Christmas Post

All right, I've been dry long enough with my posting, and I think it's time to give my fingers some exercise again. Unfortunately, this computer at home doesn't quite come with all the bells and whistles and basic photo software my wonderful school comp does, so the quality of my site has been temporarily downgraded. Christmas was awesome, definitely one of the best I've ever had, for as long as I can remember. Everything couldn't have been more perfect... except I was up till 4am wrapping presents and for the first time, my parents were the ones that had to drag me out of bed.

I promised a telling of whether or not I got everything I wanted on my list. Right, well, for Christmas, I received many a wonderful present. It was pretty much fantastic.... I think the list thing was a great idea!! Must use again in the future.

-Chocolate fondue kit <-- drool (Tony)
-waffle maker <-- invite yourself to breakfast when you're in Edmonton, specially on Sundays (mum and dad)
-bike pump (mum and dad)
-PJ shirt (mum and dad)
-bath salts (mum and dad)
-an orange orangutang <-- some inside joke there (Nisha)
-brown skirt (Nisha)
-book by Mercedes Lackey <-- so good, read it in two days... (Adrian)
-some undecided scent of soap <-- I hope this isn't some sort of hint!! (Ian)
-lots of new kinds of makeup <--I will soon (hopefully) figure out how to use it all (Aunt Linda)
-"Boogie Down" t-shirt <-- lots of comments on that one (Sue)
-Stainless Steel mug & camp book (The Foundation)
-A gigantic giftbasket that had absolutely everything I could think of that a college girl could want (one for Nisha and one for me) <-- That was pretty much fantastic, my jaw dropped a few feet (Jamie... sorry about that!!! Correction made! Don't worry, I waited until Christmas to open them, I swear :P)

And, well, as much as I got spoiled, I have to admit that the best part was giving the gifts!! I had a blast there.
Gifts given:
Adrian - Xbox and Halo II <--my parents paid me back for the xbox, I had the greatest time ever getting my little brother not to figure out that he was getting this, he went absolutely nuts on Christmas (hahaha, so much fun). I made up a huge story about what was in that box...
Dad - Pay it Forward DVD <-- what a sap. All I can say.
Mum - New curtains <-- sounds silly, but she wanted them for forever.
Nisha - Shirt and sandals from Le Chateau
Ian - Trojan Odyssey by
Clive Cussler and Mickey Mouse playing cards <-- just hope he hadn't read it yet or got it from someone else. Wanted to get the Nalgene water bottle but places close early on Christmas Eve.
Heather - Gift pack of vanilla lotion, bath gel & bubbles <-- Hez is one of the two sweetest people I can think of on the planet, so she has to get something.
Brenda - A Christmas angel snow globe <-- the other sweetest person on the planet!
Jamie - Em, not really a gift, but a card and a new bracelet, and hopefully I'll get her necklace fixed soon.
Tony - A wine sampling kit <-- haha, no wine included, but my brother's always been one of those kinds of people that wants to be able to distinguish different kinds of wines and establish his own collection.

Mina - An avocado <--Yes, that's right...

For the record, I would like to establish that TWO of my gifts were actually purchased before December 24th. Not bad, eh? Right. That's all I'm going to say. Next up... a post about Boxing Day... expect a thriller!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...looks like you got lots of fabulous stuff!! Just a small correction....the baskets were from me...just me:) I guess I could forgive you though! Jamie

7:53 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Correction made and applied!! Thanks so much!! I loved it and it really was amazing. Geez, I don't want to think about all the hard work you put into those, but it must have been a blast thinking of everything to put in there... the chocolates lasted about two hours for the both of us... hehe.... did you make the toffees yourself?

10:47 p.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

i like how this "sentance" sounds. "-Stainless Steel mug & camp book (The Foundation)" THE FOUNDATION. it sounds cool. I also got lucky this year cuz my older siblings did like all my big christmas shopping. On boxing day I was accually trying to figure out what i got people. he he. but it was still fun getting stocking stuffers for everyone.
ian

12:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home