Friday, February 18, 2005

Oops.

So, this is a post about a mistake I made, and something that happens quite often. This has to do with what I'm going to give up for Lent. I have a big problem with this, not because I mind giving things up, but I have a horrible short term memory and always forget that I've given something up until after I enjoy something. So... I had planned to give up chocolate, and I was doing good but then Vday came and I plain forgot until I read a nameless friend's blog and he was talking about how he gave up msn for lent. So right, I kind of forgot about the whole giving up of chocolate thing (just in case you haven't read the previous post). So now I have to figure out something else to give up. It could be TV, I haven't watched it since Lent started, but I don't like TV that much anyways. Not fair. So I've decided on TV and movies (including going to the theatres), because I like movies. And ice cream. To make up for forgetting chocolate. So... if anyone happens to see me sitting on a couch in front of a big screen with an ice cream cone (something that might just happen, I really suck at remembering to keep my lenten fasts) feel free to bust out a monkey wrench or two. And if you don't have one handy, feel free to improvise. Also, feel free to suggest some things as back up, I always end up needing backup fasts during Lent. Wow, that is so sad. Okay done now.
Picture: My feet are cold
Song: Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet (mmm mmm mm)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanine said...

Also, in case some people haven't noticed, my sleep habits have been rewired for midterms. It was indeed 5 am when I made that post. That's about the latest I've been able to sleep in all week. I miss sleep.

5:55 a.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey- don't fret... I have the same problems will giving up stuff for lent. I'm not a practicing Catholic anymore, so I don't really give anything up anymore. But back when I was still a good catholic school girl in grade 6, I decided I would give up chocolate until after lent. I was doing really good too. I was confirmed in grade six and a condition of confirmation was that you do at least 24 hours of community service. (It sounds bad when you say it like that, but I loved doing my volunteer work) I did most of mine at the Bethany Care Center in my home town. So I had a week off from school for Easter holidays and my friend and I figured it would be a good time to get some hours in at the center. We went almost everyday for the whole week. It was so much fun. I was having so much fun, I forgot it was lent. So one day, we were making a cake with the old people. A chocolate cake. I was half way through chomping down on a rather large piece of this cake, when I looked at the cake and realized its flavour. That's right, 3 more days and I would have been about to eat chocolate again.I felt really bad... but I justified it by telling myself, that I did a bad thing while I was doing a really good thing (spending time with the old people- they were so nice)! Anyhow... I've monopolized the comments enough for one day! Have a good reading break!

8:25 a.m.  
Blogger Ian said...

WOOT READING WEEK. gotta love midterm week to. sunday night before midterm week, up til 5am. stupid assignmetns. ya, im hoping to get lots of sleep (which of course means sleeping through the mornings) this week.
Ian

3:53 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Haha, thanks for that great story, monalisa! I don't actually fret that much about forgetting to give up somethin', not too worried about, you know, burning in the the fiery depths of hell because I ate chocolate (NoOoOoO!!!) Mostly I do it because I think it's good for everyone to give up something they enjoy once in a while, to appreciate what they have, and to remember that what we have is so much more than so many others. I guess, you don't appreciate a good thing till it's gone, n'est-ce-pas? But that mention of chocolate cake makes me forget all the important reasoning and stuff, and that's okay by me. Mmm chocolate cake. Well, have an amazing time down in Victoria, I'll think about you while I'm up north and cold.

4:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Reading Week!:D

-Muffin

10:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home