Friday, September 02, 2005

Thankfulness

You know, sometimes I feel so much in a day, that it would be impossible to explain exactly what I am thinking. But today, there seemed to be just one theme to my thoughts.....

I am so thankful. Thankful for everything I have, everything I've been, everything I will be. For everyone I have. What did I do to deserve all these special people in my life? Sometimes, I look around me and think, "There's nothing I could have that would make this any better right now." And I feel so overwhelmed with thankfulness. I feel like someone just rolled the dice, and I won the prize of happiness, for no particular reason; I just got lucky. Thousands, millions, billions even, of other people have nowhere near the satisfaction I have in my life right now. It's amazing, when you realize you're no longer searching.

I've just finished catching up with some of my friend's websites, and my friend Justin's site definitely set off a trigger for me. In MugL training, it really amazed me, how many of us have come from different backgrounds, often difficult and painful ones. It felt so good to know that I was not the only one who went through pain, and that there were so many around me who would understand the person I am, because of where I came from. That even though I've felt alone and hopeless, I now have a group of friends that don't care about your past. We've been through the same things, and it doesn't matter.

But I have Orientation tomorrow morning. I should get some sleep!!! And I also promise, I will start blogging more interestingly soon. I feel like I've lost my touch over the summer and I need to get back into practice.

Song: Strawberry Wine
Picture: I'd like to be lost with you

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plums! Biting into them was awesome - they were juicy and delicious!
Day 1 of Pre-Orientation was fun. I seriously LOVE those green bracelets we got!
Anyhow, I'm happy that I'll get to see more of you this weekend!
Bye for now!
-Anita

5:21 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

I love them too! What an awesome prize. Psst... did you get a load of the orientation prizes for us??? I'm definitely going to try and get to be good friends with whoever wins that trip to Jasper for 4!!! That would be the most incredible thing ever. *Super huge drool*
Anyways, no problem with the plums, I'm surprised you didn't just say... "eww, squished plums...."

9:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home