Monday, October 10, 2005

Turkey!!!

So, I'm going back to Edmonton this morning (in about an hour). I know that in another couple of days, I would want to escape, but right now, I don't really want to leave. I want more vacation! Anyways, my visit home was highlighted by....

-Sleep.
-The most amazing northern lights I've ever seen on the trip out here. They were dancing in the sky for hours. It was incredible.
-Decaffeinated chai tea with milk and extra spices added.
-Sleep.
-A trip through the mountains to my uncle mike's place. I haven't seen my uncle in ages, and it was great to see my cousins and my aunt again. I love them all so much.
-Hauling firewood. Moving a gigantic pile of big heavy pieces of tree makes you feel like you've accomplished something. Unlike ten hours of studying that makes you wonder what you've actually absorbed. And chainsaws are cool.
-Sleep.
-The fact that my family is a bunch of hicks and I love it and become all hicky too when I'm with them.
-Thanksgiving dinner, and greek salad, and cheese (no cheese for Jeanine on a student food budget), and carrot muffins, and oatmeal raisin cookies, and apple pie. And ice cream. AND my mum's stuffing. I think I don't need to eat for the next thousand years. Holy.
-Sleep.
-Crocheting. I got new yarn and stuff and now I'm making a blanket for Chandra's auction to raise money for charity. It's really quite addictive. I'm going to make a bunch of scarves and mittens and socks and toques after this. So now I'm a crocheting mascot coordinator triathlete hick taking a kinesiology degree. I like it.

Oh, and I got to sleep. That was my favourite part. Thanksgiving rocks.

Silverchair - Miss You Love
Picture: One more time

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Crochet rocks! And if liking it makes me a hick, then I'm a hick too!

1:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm! Turkey dinner = happiness.

I'm so glad to hear your Thanksgiving was refreshing and full of family love!

Have a safe trip back here!

-Anita

7:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home