Friday, January 20, 2006

Constellations



Tomorrow.
I put it away once more,
everything I knew
and even some of it
I had once forgotten
and let the rest
drift away
like marbles rolling, rolling
out of my hands
into space, and maybe
one day they'll become
constellations
of memories.

Yesterday.
So afraid,
you hope no one
recognizes the colour
of the wall
you hide behind
...but you're trapped.
Pain is like nothing else
It can consume, yet
you become accustomed
and somehow, you survive
you grow strength
and step carefully
around the marbles
that pull you down
again and again
and again.

Today.
You find a marble
in your pocket
and it isn't the same one
stolen, so long ago
No worse, no better
Still a sphere, different
from each angle
But it's cold now,
so you try to give it away
but it warms too quickly
with another's touch...

Forever.
Finding within me
All I thought I had lost
Please, don't let me
fall, and don't let me
Let you keep those
marbles rolling, rolling
beneath your feet
We're strong enough
to pick them up
and put them so high,
so high, so high,
nobody can reach
when we finally
let go.

Song: Pilate - Long Gone
Picture: I tried to hold on

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanine's blog: A new Favorite to visit whenever I have a cup of tea.

<3
-Nita

11:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home