Sunday, December 18, 2005

Finals is always a great time to post.

News from the front lines:
-Becky and I have now discovered the recipe for the ultimate cookies. And when I say ultimate, I mean, these cookies are the best I have ever had and possess a license to kill.

-Starting to study for a final at 6pm the night before an exam is a not a healthy idea.
-However, I think I did moderately well (yes, I am being rather modest) on my first three and now I just really don't care. I just want to get these bad boys written so I can go home.

-I have managed to go from seeing red with one of my coworkers after receiving a fairly peremptory and insulting email, to venting perhaps a small amount to my friends, to laughing about it, to writing an informative, yet kind and well-wishing email in return. I have decided I am the stronger person, who is able to move onward in a professional and mature manner (Who am I kidding? I still want to attack her with a skillet).

- I have a stuffed snake I got for $5 from IKEA. I am considering naming him Enolase, in reference to the Krebs cycle. Biochem Tuesday might just kill me.

- Highland dancing is fun to do in pyjamas while on a sugar high.

-My roomate has left her vehicle in my use when I dropped her off at the bus depot on Friday. That might not have been a good idea, as I do believe I may have abused the privelege.

-Snowboarding, Crocheting, movies, running, drinking copious amounts of tea in front of the wood stove, bubble baths, and playing with my parent's dog are the top things on my to-do list come Tuesday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Ah the pain of biochem... my brain ALWAYS hurt studying for those exams. Especially the first one I took 203... I spent all my time studying for micro 265, walked out of that exam elated. Elation was quickly replaced with dread and visions of failing danced in my head.

But I manage to do fine... and so will you! :)

4:57 p.m.  
Blogger Jeanine said...

All I have left to study is cholesterol metabolism!! I'm SET!!!
I even have every single freaking enzyme memorized, and I've got my amino acids down pat... do you realize there are more than 40 in Krebs, CAC, gluconeogenesis.. and all those other lovely metabolic pathways... AHHHH!!!
I'm almost FREEEEEE!!!

Jeanine

6:02 a.m.  
Blogger DougvanDutch said...

Can you send some of said cookies? I am most hungary.

12:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home