Sunday, January 09, 2005

Hmmmm

I actually had something important I was going to post about... okay, I never really post about much important stuff but I think it was interesting. But I forgot. That's okay. I'll remember later, I think. So, my Christmas holidays were probably the best I've had in a long time, I got pretty much everything I wanted and more, my friend Nisha came down and we had a blast together (staying up until 7 in the morning making jigsaw puzzles was never as funny before) and I got to spend lots of time seeing old friends. Not to mention, I got to teach Nisha how to snowboard, that was a blast. I've probably taught about a dozen people how to board but she was definitely the fastest learner I've had, I was worried because she'd only skiied once before and hated it. Maybe that made her easier to teach because she didn't have anything to unlearn. But snowboarding always puts me in a good mood yet only makes me crave it even more. Stuck in Edmonton, not so many chances to get out there as you'd like.
So, I got back yesterday afternoon, unpacked (wow, I had a lot more stuff than I thought I did, took me several hours) and had a nap before going out with Nisha. That was awesome, I haven't been out to a club in ages, since before exams. It's kind of addicting. So anyways, we went out and the music wasn't that great but we had a fun time dancing and making fun of the little guy in the white shirt and the robot moves. And the couple that decided a piggyback ride was a new form of hip hop. Just because you see it in an Usher video doesn't make it cool in real life (which reminds me, I love the car in his "U Remind Me" video). No offence to those that really love the robot and piggyback rides. So long as you're out there having fun and enjoying yourself that's all that really matters.
But then when we came back home and I went to sleep, I had the worst nightmare I can ever remember. I have no clue what brought it on. Those that know me well, know that I dream a lot, and can remember a dream most nights. But this dream was really long and detailed, and though most of my dreams are complete nonsense, this dream seemed to make complete realistic sense from beginning to end, which made it that much more frightening. I won't relate the entire dream because it is too long, but someone had attacked me with a needle and gave me an incurable disease that would kill me (I forgot what exactly that kind of disease is called). It wouldn't have been so bad, but most of the dream was of me getting sicker and sicker, and my whole body was weakening.

Everyone around me in my dream either didn't think there was anything wrong with me or knew there was and wouldn't tell me, but then I finally found out and I was given a choice between two ends, neither of which were very pleasant. I tried to find out who was responsible for making me sick by getting revenge, but I ended up giving up because the person who I thought was responsible was actually innocent and I came close to making him sick too.

So then I planned out the last two weeks of my life, which was just before Christmas and I decided that I would at least live until after Christmas (which was a Wednesday, how weird). I could tell that most people didn't think I would last that long, but I went ahead with my plans anyways... I had a basket of apples and I visited all of the people that mattered to me the most, and gave each one an apple, to say goodbye. The dream ended with me looking into a mirror, and I made the decision that I knew was right but was very painful to make. Anyways, this dream was definitely one of the scariest I could remember, and ended up haunting me all day. I told Nisha the entire dream and we looked up some of the dream definitions on the internet (in German, but later I went to www.dreammoods.com and found a lot of definitions and some interesting facts:

Toddlers do not dream about themselves. They do not appear in their own dreams until the age of 3 or 4.

Men tend to dream more about other men, while women dream equally about men and women.

If you are snoring, then you cannot be dreaming.

Well, that’s all I have for now. Back to school on Monday, a bit nervous but mostly pretty excited! Take care, everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

I feel i should comment since i did bug you for not posting. but i dont have much to say, i have had some weird dreams. like the one with a dugout between our kitchen and dining room. and a kid named Ski from our school (a real kid) was swimming in it, inside my house. weird.
Ian

9:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home