Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day



Create me something new.
Make it bright, exciting.
Something unforgettable.
I don't need it to be sensual
so long as it fills my senses.

Something to cover me up
when I get cold inside

Something to heal my heart
when it feels raw and aching
and the hurt still burns.

Something to dry my tears
A cool breeze for the angry ones
A blanket for the scared ones
A warm touch for the sad ones
Love for the hopeless ones.

Until all that is left is acceptance
And strength, and healing
and the capacity to love again.

Somehow, when things fall apart
you find the pieces
and I realize, every time
that your love, when it
reassembles these fragments
...it is so much greater
than any other love
that took my symmetry
for granted
when it was whole.

Thank you.

Song: Sugar Ray - She Falls Apart
Picture: You'll Never Know How I Feel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home